What is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is a new and rapidly growing profession that is profoundly different from consulting, mentoring, advice, therapy, or counseling. It is an on-going partnership built on taking action. It offers very practical ways to improve your life one small step at a time. By partnering with me as your coach, you are gaining a non-biased accountability partner to brainstorm, problem solve, and consider all the possibilities with. You can’t imagine the power behind it until you’ve tried it for yourself. In the end, coaching is about YOU! It is an investment in your life. Isn’t it time to create the happy life you deserve?
Why Should I Consider Life Coaching a Worthy Investment?
“By taking care of ourselves, we can better care for those around us. When we do this, we begin to care more about others and we become more available to our family, friends, and our community. Our availability to be of service to the world is directly related to our ability to be of service to ourselves.” ~~ Cheryl Richardson
How Does Life Coaching Work?
Some examples of issues you may request coaching on:
- Getting organized/focused.
- Setting personal and wellness goals.
- Improving work/life balance and relationships.
- Practicing self-care (striking a balance between the many demands that drain you & the activities that nurture and renew you).
- Managing energy/decreasing stress.
- Identifying and strengthening your unique gifts and talents.
- Communicating more effectively.
- Increasing self awareness.
- Dealing with change and transition.
- Thriving, not just surviving.
Coaching sessions are conducted over the phone, or if requested, I am glad to meet with clients in person. However, the majority of clients choose phone sessions for many reasons: it is more time efficient; portable/mobile; no distractions; eliminates chance for judgment; is in the most relaxed, comfortable space for the client; and proves to maximize our time together. As the client, you set the agenda for each one-on-one coaching session. We will work together to address the issues and concerns that are most important to you. Come prepared to answer questions that you’ve been avoiding and find the answers you have been looking for.
After each session you will walk away with greater clarity, direction, and focus. Inner work and action steps are offered to continue your progress between sessions. Because each session is action driven, you will see results after our first meeting.
As your coach, I will:
- Challenge you to define what you want to achieve and the obstacles that keep you from it.
- Hold you accountable to make sure you live up to your potential.
- Provide support and structure to help you accomplish your goals.
- Keep you better focused to produce results more quickly.
- Always be honest and direct.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Make suggestions ~ I want a lot for you. I want you to be healthy, happy, and successful. I want you to enjoy your family and friends. I want you to have a life that inspires others and yourself. Part of my job is to be at least three steps ahead of you, yet be with you. As such, after you have fully communicated, I will share with you my advice, ideas, comments and views on your situation, dilemma, or opportunity.
As my client, I ask you to:
- Show up to each session on time, centered and ready to engage.
- Take time before we meet to identify what you’d like to take away from the session.
- Be honest with yourself and with me.
- Let me know what works for you and what does not.
- Stretch yourself to deepen the work done in sessions by writing and taking action steps.
Please think of coaching as a process. Many people create change for themselves in a short time, but to refine and sustain the changes takes several months, which is why you should always expect to give yourself three to six months of coaching.
There are several Coaching Program Options available, please feel free to contact me with any questions either by Email email@example.com or by phone 540-746-5206. I would be honored to set up a FREE coaching consultation, learn more about you and discuss our working together.
I wholeheartedly believe in the power of coaching and continuous learning. These are investments I make in my future and myself, so I can joyfully serve my clients in the highest way and create balanced success without burning out. If you’re ready to make an investment in your work and life to improve yourself for the future, contact me I’d love to partner with you!